What's wrong with this picture?

A place where I can bitch about life's daily hiccups and keep my sanity, without annoying everyone around me. Fair enough?

Name:
Location: The armpit of Canada, Canada

I'm a 31 year old woman who is fed up with the way things are progressing in the world. I have opinions on everything, and I'm not afraid to voice them. I'm old, I'm jaded, so sue me...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mind your own fucking business!

What is it about people that feel they can pass judgement on you just because you're pregnant? I've about had it, and am going to start telling people that I'm just fat, because once they find out I'm knocked up, the sky's the limit.
Example One:
"Oh my God! You had a glass of champagne on your Anniversary? That's terrible! Your poor baby!" Yeah, never mind that I got the OK from my Doctor...nooo, the fucking so called "experts" are now condemning me for potentially exposing my child to FAS. Right. Never mind that the same people bitching at me were the ones that smoked throughout their entire pregnancy. Yeah, how was that birth weight for ya?

Example Two:
"You didn't eat sushi did you? You CAN'T eat that when you're pregnant!" Are you going to tell me that an entire NATION of Japanese ladies swore off one of the main staples of their diet for an entire nine months? If I don't get sick when I'm not pregnant, chances are pretty slim that I'm gonna get sick when I am. I've been eating the shit almost weekly for the past four years. You do the math Einstein.
The same goes for the bitch that came to my home as a guest (as a friend of a friend), and criticized me whilst I was pouring a friend a glass of red wine, and came up behind me and said "You're not going to drink that, are you?" It took every ounce of strength I had to not turn around and chug the entire glass infront of her. Lady, mind your own fucking business. Do you really think I would do something that would jeopardize the health of my unborn child? It's bad enough that I have to drive on Winnipeg streets, I'm not going to risk anything worse than that!

And don't even get me started on the whole name game...it's my kid, if I want to name it Umdigidadigidababa...I'm gonna. Go save the whales or something worthwhile, and leave me the hell alone...

3 Comments:

Blogger doctor T said...

Ha, just wait till you pop the kid out!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Chanteuse said...

Yeah, I can hardly wait...the baby police are probably chompin' at the bit...

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Hahaha, you said it, sister!! Rock on with your bad self.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home