What's wrong with this picture?

A place where I can bitch about life's daily hiccups and keep my sanity, without annoying everyone around me. Fair enough?

Name:
Location: The armpit of Canada, Canada

I'm a 31 year old woman who is fed up with the way things are progressing in the world. I have opinions on everything, and I'm not afraid to voice them. I'm old, I'm jaded, so sue me...

Monday, May 29, 2006

Ahhh, some relief!

So, G-Man is gone for three months, but he managed to finish 95% of the renos before leaving, and I FINALLY have my house almost back to the way I like it. It took me two days to clean it, and I still have a ton of painting to do, but my bathroom has acheived spa-like status, and my kitchen and laundry room now have one, continuous, CLEAN floor! There are little things to do in the meantime, like finish baseboards, and touchups, and little patch jobs on the walls, but the main thing is that the house is CLEAN AGAIN!!!!! I am so happy...yeah, I know, I need therapy. Of course, the upstairs is still scary, and will be for a while, as G's cousin is going to be redoing the insulation up there, and then I can finally paint and get the baby's room done. There's still three months! to go, so I'm not too worried.
Just one thing to comment on though. What is it about men that they consider a job done once the walls are up and the stove is back in place? My Dad made the comment that so long as the drywall was up and the stove and fridge worked, he considered it done. Um, yeah, welcome to casa de drywall! Unreal. For me, it's not done until the walls are fully painted, and all trims, casings and other finishing touches are complete. It makes it easier in the long run to sell the house...
Anyway, as I know I've kept everyone absolutely spellbound with this little blurb, I'll end it here. Back to discussing other mundane things...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Oh my god, we're leading parallel lives...except I'm done having babies. You must be my Canadian twin, separated at birth...okay, several years apart. Even our blogs have the same name - What's Wrong with This Picture.

Keep up the great work, Chanteuse. Remember, you're ranting for 2 now.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home