What's wrong with this picture?

A place where I can bitch about life's daily hiccups and keep my sanity, without annoying everyone around me. Fair enough?

Name:
Location: The armpit of Canada, Canada

I'm a 31 year old woman who is fed up with the way things are progressing in the world. I have opinions on everything, and I'm not afraid to voice them. I'm old, I'm jaded, so sue me...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bear with me here...

Ok, so I've been fooling around with the backgrounds in my blog for a while, and have decided to change format again, as I royally screwed things up. Bear with me as I try out different settings, and then dick with them some more...ah, fuck it, I like this one, I'll just leave it. It appears that anything I change just gets over-ridden anyways...too bad, I was really diggin' the hot pink theme I had going on.
Anyway, on to better things, or not...such as the job factor in this GODFORSAKENCITY!!
What is it about this place that there's no frickin' jobs to be found in my husband's line of work!? I tell ya, despite the fact that we just found out about our soon-to-be bundle of joy, we're abouthisclose to calling it quits and heading back to the land of Opportunity.
For those of you that don't know, that's Calgary. I know I should be counting my blessings, and my dear Mother, God Bless her, says that we will be better off here. Not if we're jobless lady! Oh no, we had to move to Winnipeg and dwell under the illusion that things here are cheaper, and we could get out of debt. So far, I'm faced with the prospect of going on EI next month due to the family business not doing so hot, and the man is looking for a job as we speak. So much for things being better. Fuck. Next time I make a comment about how much I love my hometown, someone shoot me...better yet, give me the gun, I'll do it myself.

Rant over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

bundle of joy, eh?
I'm always the last to know.

BTW, Ralph bucks cheques are coming this week! Hope you ex-Albertans get your $$$.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Chanteuse said...

Glen hasn't told you? Whatta schmuck...yeah, the rabbit died... ;)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home